Best Insoles for Burning Feet Syndrome
Updated March 28, 2023.
Burning feet syndrome, or Grierson-Gopalan syndrome, refers to a group of symptoms in the feet that worsen at night. These symptoms are characterized by a tingling, burning, aching, and sometimes numb sensation and are caused by many different conditions.
What Causes Burning Feet Syndrome?
One of the most common causes of burning feet syndrome is peripheral neuropathy, a condition resulting from damage to the peripheral nerves which connect the brain and spinal cord to the extremities.
Other causes include:
- Metabolic disorders
- Nutritional imbalance (malabsorption and vitamin deficiency)
- Use of ill-fitting and tight-fitting shoes
- Prolonged standing
- Varying medical conditions
- Exposure to toxins and chemicals
» Read more about burning feet syndrome symptoms, causes, and treatments
Insoles for Relieving Burning Feet Pain
If you have burning feet syndrome, it is crucial that in addition to any other thing you are doing, you consider the kind of shoes you buy and use orthotics such as custom-made insoles that can help alleviate the pain and discomfort.
- FSA & HSA eligible
- Free shipping and returns
- Designed by top podiatrists for burning feet
We recommend Burning Feet Syndrome Custom Orthotics, specifically designed to cushion the painful areas while reducing the underlying causes. We have the best insoles for hot feet and they have been proven to be effective in battling pain and other symptoms caused by this syndrome.
- Custom made
- Durable materials
- Addresses foot pain directly
- 180-day money-back guarantee
- FSA and HSA eligible
- Free shipping and returns
- Short waiting period before receiving orthotics
Factors to Consider for Your Insoles
When choosing the right insole, look out for the following
- Suitability Not every insole is good for you. Go for insoles that provide you with heel support and relieve pressure on the foot.
- Materials The material from which the insole is made matters. For example, a cooling gel shoe insert will provide great comfort to the feet.
- Customization It goes without saying that custom-made insoles will provide the most comfort while helping to reduce the pain caused by burning feet syndrome.
What to Look for in Shoes to Relieve Burning Pain
- Proper fit It is advisable to go for shoes with wide-toe boxes that are made from breathable materials. This will ensure adequate ventilation of the feet and also leave room for the use of orthotic inserts or insoles.
- Proper cushioning There must be enough padding in the shoes to provide the necessary cushioning to the foot. The midsole and insole must be cushioned with quality foam material to aid smooth landing when walking. The outsole also needs to be soft and allow high traction to keep you balanced on your feet.
- Strong support Next to proper cushioning is strong support. The sole of the shoe must provide strong support for the arch and foot to prevent any arch collapse and limit pressure on the ankle and knee.
- Style Consider using slip-on work shoes or athletic shoes for long-term usage.
- Uppers Avoid thick shoe uppers—instead, go for shoes with lightweight, mesh, flexible materials that are breathable and allow entry of air into the footwear.
Do Insoles Help With Neuropathy?
When peripheral neuropathy causes burning feet syndrome, the symptoms gradually worsen causing severe aching and burning in the feet that worsen at night. The pain is usually limited to the sole of the feet, but sometimes it can spread to the top of the feet, ankles, and lower leg.
While the evidence is limited, research has shown that custom-made insoles will cause pain relief and ease other symptoms of diabetic neuropathy by stimulating the nerves and providing cushioning to painful areas. However, keep in mind that insoles should be used as an adjunct to other treatments.
» Learn more about recommended treatments for reversible peripheral neuropathy