What is the best bunion splint for my pinky toe?
Asked 2 years ago
I have a bunion on my pinky toe (tailor's bunion), and I need to correct it. However, I do not want to go through surgery and would rather exhaust all other alternatives before resorting to that. So here goes the splint: Which one should I be using for a pinky toe bunion?
Monday, December 13, 2021
You need a bunion splint or toe separator that separates the pinky toe and keeps it in its proper anatomical position.
To avoid surgery, custom orthotics are your best line of treatment, as they alleviate the pressure on the pinky toe from incorrectly fitting shoes. They also help to rebalance the foot, providing pain relief and preventing your tailor's bunion from worsening.
Upstep's custom orthotics are designed by podiatrists to address the exact isolated pressure on your pinky toe and provide the best fit between your feet and toes and your shoes.
Thursday, December 16, 2021
Tailor's bunions are a painful protrusion on the outside of the fifth toe where it meets the rest of the foot. Tailors bunions can be made worse by wearing shoes that put pressure on the area. Bunion splints for tailors are identical to conventional bunion splints.
Here is Best Tailors Bunion Splints for your pinky toe:
- Gel Bunionette Sleeve– This splint has a low profile, so it'll work well whether you're wearing tight shoes or high heels. Additionally, the Gel inside will relieve strain on the bunion area. With continued application, this splint will help to straighten the toe.
- All-Gel Bunion Guards Tailor’s Guard– This splint is a little more noticeable than the bunionette sleeve, but it offers a little more cushioning.
- Footsmart Expert Essentials Bunionette Shield– This has a low profile and will reduce friction on the Tailors Bunion once again.
- Darco Toe Alignment Splint–If you have hammer toes, bunions, and a Tailor's Bunion and are looking for an all-in-one solution, this is the splint for you. The Darco Toe Alignment splint will help straighten all the toes involved in the area.
- Comfoy Toes Alignment Socks– This is where I put it to finish it. If you have a lot of pain at night, this could help you sleep better.
Sunday, March 13, 2022
Wednesday, July 13, 2022
Friday, October 28, 2022
Toe separators and pinky toe bunion correctors are probably the best splints available for a tailor's bunion as they keep the pinky toe in its anatomical position. To get better results with bunion splints, try using a custom insole. These custom inserts help alleviate pressure around the pinky toe and realign the foot.
Please follow our Community Guidelines
More From Blog
How to Prevent Bunions from Developing and Getting Worse
Orthotics for Bunions: How Insoles Can Relieve Bunion Pain