How do I stop my feet from burning in my bed?
Asked 2 years ago
I find it strange that my feet are at their hottest at night when lying in bed. Are there any home remedies I can use to relieve the burning feeling?
Thursday, December 16, 2021
The most common cause of a burning sensation in your feet is nerve damage, The pain from burning feet can cause mild to severe pain, which can be intermittent or continuous. Your feet may feel hot, tingling, prickling, or numb.
Here are the things which you can do to decrease the burning sensation
- Soak your feet for at least 15 minutes in cool water. This could give you some temporary relief.
- Heat should not be applied to your feet.
- Raise your legs and feet.
- Take over-the-counter pain medicines (analgesics). ...
- Apply topical creams and ointments
Rabindar Kumar Pt
Monday, March 14, 2022
The described symptom is typical of Grierson-Gopalan Syndrome. Fortunately, there are home remedies to tackle the feet' burning sensation at night. These include;
- Soaking feet in cold water or warm water containing Epsom salt or apple cider vinegar
- Rest, ice, compression, and elevation (RICE)
- NSAIDs and nutritional supplements
- Foot massage
Friday, January 19, 2024
Burning feet at night can be caused by various factors such as peripheral neuropathy (nerve damage), restless leg syndrome (RLS), poor circulation, athlete's foot, medications, nerve compression, inflammatory conditions, and hormonal changes. Consider treatment options like nerve stimulation therapies, topical creams, and lifestyle changes to alleviate your symptoms. Maintain good foot hygiene, wear breathable socks, elevate your feet, and consult a professional for personalized advice if your condition worsens.
Wearing custom orthotics during the day can also help to relieve foot pain or that tingling/ burning sensation by improving foot alignment, providing cushioning and shock absorption, redistributing pressure, and offering arch support.
Please follow our Community Guidelines
Hallux Rigidus—Common Causes, Symptoms & Treatment